Royal Rosarian Foundation Overview
The Royal Rosarians through their Foundation supports numerous charitable activities in addition to being the City of Portland’s official “Ambassadors of Goodwill.”
Children at Risk Programs
- Field Trip Program – The Foundation provides funding for Portland Public Schools children to attend field trips with their classmates so that they are not left behind. The Funds provide the admission tickets for those who can not afford them and gives the Elementary School principals the ability to provide transportation to plays and other events, for which they received donated tickets, but otherwise could not have attended.
- “Christmas for Kids” – The Foundation helps support a program for qualifying children to shop for themselves & family members for Christmas gifts and clothes. Royal Rosarians accompany the children and give them guidance with their purchases.
Scholarship for our Youth
- Youth Music Program – The Foundation provides funding to help support youth music programs in the Portland Metropolitan area, including the Oregon Pro Arte Youth Chamber Orchestra.
Community Spirit Programs
- Newsmakers’ Banquet – A sponsored annual event honoring men, women and youth in local new stories that have made a significant impact in our community.
- Metropolitan Area Beautification Projects – The Foundation funds various projects, including maintenance of portions of the Washington Park Rose Gardens and an annual Rose Garden Contest. The Foundation supports these efforts to carry on the one hundred year old grand tradition of identifying Portland as the “City of Roses.
The Royal Rosarian Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable corporation.